United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey
Judical Assistant, N/A
Chambers - 609-989-0502
Courtroom Deputy - Dana Sledge-Courtney, 609-989-2228
Court Reporter - Megan McKay-Soule, 215-779-6437
All Submissions: All submissions, including pleadings and correspondence, but with the exception of confidential settlement position letters, must be electronically filed via CM/ECF. Filings and submissions will not be accepted via fax or e-mail except as provided herein.
CM/ECF Filings: Pleadings must be filed in searchable PDF format. All other documents, such as exhibits, may be filed in non-searchable PDF format.
Proposed Orders: If any relief is being sought, the CM/ECF filing must be accompanied by a proposed order in searchable PDF format.
Confidential Information: Any letter to be filed under seal or containing confidential or sensitive information may be e-mailed to chambers at email@example.com as a PDF attachment.
Courtesy Copies: One paper copy of all proposed orders, motion papers, briefs, and accompanying exhibits must be sent by regular mail to chambers and should clearly be marked “Courtesy Copy.” Paper submissions should be single-sided and should not be bound by plastic or velo-binding. Please do not send courtesy copies of letter correspondence addressed to chambers; all letter correspondence must be electronically filed via CM/ECF and courtesy copies are not required.
Communications With Chambers: Calls to chambers are permitted only in urgent situations that require immediate attention. All other communication with chambers shall be electronically filed via CM/ECF. Parties appearing pro se must file all documents, applications, and motions directly with the Clerk’s Office. E-mails to chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted in lieu of phone calls. E-mails may not contain substantive content regarding a case. Any substantive content received via e-mail without consent of chambers will be ignored.
Extensions of Time and Adjournments: If consented, may be done by consent order via CM/ECF. If not consented, follow the regular motion procedure. To adjourn a previously scheduled appearance, obtain consent from your adversary and provide chambers with new dates with CM/ECF.
Appearances: Notice of any scheduled appearance, including but not limited to status conferences, settlement conferences, and oral arguments, will be posted on the docket. Where counsel is scheduled to appear in-person, all clients or representatives with settlement authority must be available by phone unless otherwise directed by chambers.
Scheduling: Please contact Dana Sledge-Courtney at the following email address: email@example.com, which is the preferred method. Also, a detailed voice message may be left on her contact number, which is listed above.
1. Compliance with the Judge, U.S. Marshals Service, Court Security Officers, and Court Staff is required at all times. They are charged with enforcing the Court Rules and ensuring Court Security, and any instruction from them supersedes the following rules.
2. Photography, use of audio or video recording devices, and use of broadcasting or televising devices are prohibited in the courtroom and areas immediately adjacent thereto.
3. Electronic devices having a primary function of wireless communication, including but not limited to cell phones, laptops, and tablets, are permitted in the courtroom but must be rendered inoperable. They need not be turned off, but they must be silenced and may not be used to transmit or broadcast audio or visual feeds, updates, or messages in any form. They may be used for the purpose of note-taking only.
4. Members of the press shall have their credentials visible at all times and, if necessary upon request, shall present them to Court staff for documentation.
5. Any persons in violation of these rules will have their devices confiscated and risk being removed from the courtroom or courthouse at the discretion of the Judge, U.S. Marshals Service of Court Security Officers.
6. If you would like more information, the rules governing media coverage and possession and use of electronic equipment can be found under Local Civil Rules 401.1 and 501.1, available on the Court's website. Any other specific requests or inquiries can be emailed directly to chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org