You are here


How is bail money posted with the Clerk's Office returned?

The US Attorney's Office must authorize the release and return of any bail (money and/or property) posted. You may contact the US Attorney's Office at (973) 645-2700. Once the bond is cancelled, an Order will be signed directing the Clerk to return bail.

What bond companies do you recommend?

The Court is not allowed to recommend bond companies. Here is a link of certified companies providing surety bonds : Department of Treasury's Listing of Certified Companies