Please be advised that effective January 2, 2012, attorneys in good standing with the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey will be able to obtain a CM/ECF login and password by fulfilling at least one of the two following options:
- Review the online CM/ECF electronic tutorials posted on the court's website and pass an online quiz or
- Attend a live class at the Camden, Newark or Trenton courthouse.
Regional CM/ECF attorney training will also be delivered at various public venues specified by the Training Department. Full CM/ECF registration requirements can be found here.
Pro hac vice attorneys may not register as filing users, but may request electronic notification by following instructions posted here.
You can register to participate in the ECF program by completing and returning the REGISTRATION FORM. This link will open the PDF version of the form in a new window. <(Please note that filling in the 'Secondary' email address will result in notices being sent to that account in addition to the primary address.)
- Type in the requested information.
- Save a copy of the form (by clicking the floppy disk icon on the Acrobat toolbar) using your lastname as the filename, i.e., lastname.pdf
Submit your completed registration form:
- You may email the completed PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Print, sign and mail your form to:
Room 2020, 402 East State Street,
Trenton, NJ 08608
- Or you may print, sign and submit your form in person at any U.S. District Court Clerk's office.
- Maintain Your Account/Email
Please send only one form. It is not necessary to send us a hard-copy if you have submitted the form electronically. Multiple submissions delay the registration process. Please note that registration takes approximately 2 weeks.
IN ORDER TO QUERY ECF cases and dockets, non-filers and attorneys must obtain a PACER account. Go to the PACER Center for more information.
Pro Se Litigant Registration
Pro Se Litigants can register to receive Notices of Electronic Filings. The application can be found here