The mission of the Lawyers Advisory Committee is to serve the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey in achieving, dispensing and administering justice in a fair, impartial, effective and efficient manner. The work of the Lawyers Advisory Committee shall include:
- Serving as a liaison and method of communication between the bench, the bar and the public;
- Discussing with the Court matters the Committee believes might improve the administration of justice;
- Undertaking projects as requested by the Court;
- Conducting disciplinary investigations upon request of the Court; and
- Reviewing and recommending local rules and procedures to improve court proceedings.