General Jury FAQs
What should I wear?
You may wear casual business attire. The following are not permitted : shorts, sleeveless tops, jogging suits (nylon or otherwise) and hats.
What about public transportation?
Lack of transportation or distance from your home to the Courthouse is not considered a valid excuse for not serving as a juror, except in extreme circumstances. Please visit the NJ Transit Website for more information : NJ Transit Web Site.
Camden : NJ Transit is the transportation provider for bus and rail service from the South Jersey area. Fare and schedule information can be provided by calling (800) 582-5949. PATCO High Speed Line is also available from Lindenwold to Camden and is accessible from the NJ Transit Rail Service. The PATCO High Speed Line phone number for information is (856) 772-6900.
Newark : NJ Transit is New Jersey's Transportation vehicle provider of Bus, Rail and Light Rail transit, linking major points throughout the state. You can call them for bus and rail schedules and fare information from northern New Jersey at (800) 772-2222. Also, there is "PATH" service information from Hoboken and Jersey City to Newark at (800) 234-PATH.
Trenton : NJ Transit provides the Trenton area with rail transport. The Trenton Rail Station is located at S. Clinton Raoul Wallenberg Ave., Trenton, NJ, three city blocks from the Courthouse. NJ Transit provides bus service from local communities to the Courthouse:
- #600 from Princeton
- #601 from Ewing-White Horse
- #602 from Pennington
- #603 from Lawrence Twp.-Hamilton Twp.
- #604 from East Trenton
- #605 fro Montgomery Twp.-Lawrence Twp.
- #606 from Princeton-Washington area
- #607 from Ewing-Trenton, #608 from Lambertville West Trenton
- #609 from Ewing-Lawrence
- #611 Perry Street Shuttle
How can I obtain direction and parking information?
What is the jury office's address and phone number?
- 4th and Cooper Sts Camden, NJ 08101
- For recorded messages : 1-866-363-8154 or 609-989-2374
- 50 Walnut St, P.O. Box 419 Newark, NJ 07101
- (973) 645-3499 For recorded messages : 1-866-363-8154 or 609-989-2374
- 402 E. State St Trenton, NJ 08608
- (609) 989-2141 For recorded messages : 1-866-363-8154 or 609-989-2374
The jury offices can be reached from 8:30 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. on normal business working days. The recorded messages can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How was my name selected for federal court jury service?
The names of prospective jurors were selected at random from the lists of registered voters, licensed drivers of motor vehicles, filers of state gross income tax returns and filers of Homestead rebate application forms of each of the counties allocated to the three divisions(Camden, Newark, and Trenton).